Phoenix Accepting Grant Applications to Help Small Businesses!
The City of Phoenix is amplifying its efforts to get the word out about an assistance program it has created through CARES Act funding. The Phoenix City Council established a $6 million fund to help impacted commercial customers with properties in the city limits in paying city services bills, chiefly water and sewer charges.
The program is not limited to “small business” clients – any established Phoenix commercial account that can demonstrate a COVID-19 economic impact and meet certain program criteria is eligible. The program sunsets on December 31, 2020.
There are grants available for Phoenix businesses financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for details.
- Small Business Relief Grant awards up to $10k to small businesses experiencing economic distress and sudden loss of revenue. More info.
- Microbusiness Resiliency Grant awards up to $5k for solo practitioners, entrepreneurs, and microbusiness of fewer than 5 employees. More info.
The City of Phoenix has opened up the Commercial City Services Bill Relief Grant. Phoenix businesses affected by COVID-19 that have a commercial City Services account may be eligible for financial assistance with water and sewer expenses. For assistance with this grant, please call (602) 262-6251. Apply here.
- Operating in Phoenix since January 1, 2019.
- Gross sales declined as a result of COVID-19 since March, 2020 compared to 2019.
- Must have a commercial City Services account that was current prior to March 1, 2020.
- Provide financial data verifying the economic hardships suffered as a result of COVID-19.